Solo Tech Netbook Mini Instant-Messenger laptop bag (black) Review
The Solo Netbook Mini Instant Messenger is a twisted poly case with a flap that folds over the top and locks into an adjustable speed buckle. The case is designed to carry an 11″ netbook mini notebook computer. It is Travel Sentry approved and meets all guidelines for checkpoint friendly screening. It can lay flat and separates the notebook from the accessories, to allow clear CheckFast airport x-ray scanning.
The Mini Messenger has two-section compartments that hold folders and accessories and a rear compartment that safely holds most 11″ netbooks. There is a front organizer that provides easy access to USB, business cards, and pen and Digital Asset pockets that are located in the front of the bag. The case is carried by a cushioned handle or a removable, adjustable shoulder strap.
* Travel Sentry® approved, meets all guidelines for checkpoint friendly screening.
* Lay flat design separates laptop from accessories, to allow clear CheckFast™ airport x-ray scanning.
* Rear compartment safely holds most 11 in. netbooks.
* Stay connected with a front organizer that provides easy access to USB, business cards, and pen.
* Stay organized with 2-section compartments and Digital Asset™ Pockets located in the front of mini messenger.
* Flap folds over top and locks into speed buckle securing your articles.
* Cushioned carry handle and adjustable/ removable shoulder strap for easy, comfortable carrying.
* Adjustable speed buckle and expandable base design for easy tabletop stability.
Reviewed by K.C. Kim
Price $36.24 at Amazon.com
Intro: Finally we are seeing some decent cases for netbooks come out. The Solo Tech Netbook Mini Instant-Messenger laptop bag is just one of the new bags worth mentioning. It not like the other sleeve cases that are on the market. Rather it’s a shrunk down messenger bag for Netbooks smaller than 11 inches. It can work for most Netbooks on the market. And the big sell is for travelers due to it being TSA approved.
Design: The Messenger bag looks almost identical to larger laptop bags. Except it’s shrunken down to netbook sizes. I could be mistaken for camera case since it’s so small. My HP 2140 10.2” netbooks fits perfectly in the bag. The interior is well cushioned and soft so it’s less likely that it will scratch the netbook while moving the netbook in and out of the case. Also you will find a quality case with great materials it’s very well made and built to protect your netbook.
Function: The Solo Tech case comes with a removable, adjustable shoulder strap. There is a compartment for the netbook up to 11 inches. With the opposite side having two pockets and two additional sections for accessories. Hidden underneath to one side is a zippered slot for ac adapter and cord.
Conclusion: The minute I got the Solo Tech Messenger bag I knew it would be the perfect case to hold my HP 2140 netbook. It has room to carry everything with me. As well as being great for travel with its small size and TSA approval to get past security checks fast. It’s by far the best netbook case I have reviewed yet.
9.7 Out of 10
Entry filed under: Reviews.